Tuesday 22 November 2016

ATHLETICS DAY....

The sun shone on us brightly as we all took part in our Year 3-4 Athletics Day.  It was so great to see our children performing the correct techniques, encouraging others and being their best self!  We saw a lot of children looking very proud of themselves - reaching the goals they had set and earning quite a few points on their cards. Well done! 

Fantastic effort to the Room 15 Year 3 Relay team and the Room 16 Year 4 Relay team for taking out first place in their respective races! Be proud!

A Moment in time…Athletics Day!
By Olivia!
I saw the smoking sun warming up the children like sausages on the BQQ.
I saw the yellow sawdust already bumpy and squashed from the recent jumpers.

I heard the soft squelch of the sawdust as I landed on my knees.
I heard the encourginig cheers from the parents as  was I was awarded a 3.

I felt my feet inside my sneakers rapidly fill with the irritating sawdust.
I felt my heart thumping in my rib cage as my turn neared closer.

I wonderd if my jump would reach the yellow mat and get me yet another 3?

I wonderd if the sawdust would leave my shoes at least a bit comfortable as I had shot put next.



























No comments:

Post a Comment